NatureFest September 30 and October 1 2016
Get Directions To NatureFest (Click Here)
We are reconstructing our schedule from last years cancellation. Please note the bold and underlined tentative and possiby in the event schedules.
Thanks to all our past and present sponsors & donors for your generous support.
↓ Look what we were able to do because of your generosity. ↓
(FREE) Fun For The Whole Family
2016 TENTATIVE Schedule
"schedule subject to change"
Music provided by TBD
- 7:00pm Hot Dogs by Brookshire’s
- 8:00pm Storyteller around the campfire ~
- 8:45pm Stargazing w/ East Texas Astronomical Society – Paul Shaw
- 8:00am 5K Fun Run “Chasing Bigfoot” $20.00 registration fee includes *T-shirt
****Register at Event****
*Registration has to be in by October 9th to guarantee a t-shirt.
T-Shirts will be first come, first serve after October 9th.
Fun_Run_Registration | 20 USD
Click HERE for the printable registration form (to pay with a check by mail).
All Events From 8:30 on Are FREE
- 9:00 Birding with Boyd Sanders of - Tyler State Park at Bridge Bob Pond
- 9:00-12:00 Kids Fishing at Bridge Bob Pond
- 10:00 Tours of the Nature Preserve
- 10:00 Amphibian Walk - Boyd Sanders
- 10:00 Creature Teacher at the Pavilion - The Creature Teacher
- 11:00 Nature Photography with Gary Edwards at the Pavilion - EastTexasReflections.com
- 12:00 Creature Teacher at the Pavilion - The Creature Teacher
- 1:00 Blackland Prairie Raptors
- 2:00 Creature Teacher at the Pavilion - The Creature Teacher
- 3:00 Blackland Prairie Raptors
- 4:00 Order of the Arrow Indian Dance - Boy Scouts of America
- 4:00 Rock Throwing Contest
POSSIBLY at Nature Fest 2016
- Pottery and Weaving - Les and Muna Mitchell
- Texas Forest Service - Texas Forest Service
- East Texas Woodturners' Association (ETW)
Horticulture – Master Gardeners - Master Gardeners
East Texas Beekeepers Association - East Texas Bee Keepers Association
Nature Books (Mobile Library) Mineola Memorial Library - Mineola Memorial Library
- Geocaching 101 - East Texas Geocaching
- Food, fun and much more
- Texas Master Naturalist
- Fish and Wildlife Management by Wildlife Biologist-Mark McDonald
- St Paul Missionary Baptist Church will be selling Food on Saturday.
You may want to bring a folding chair.....
Funds raised from the 5K Fun Run will be used to maintain our new playground equipment at the preserve.
For information 1-800-646-3652